Upper Noe Neighborhood is active in many aspects of our community. Here is a short list of major accomplishments over the years:
- The Day Street mural at Upper Noe Recreation Center
- Stopping city plans to run corporate shuttle buses on Dolores Street
- Traffic light improvements at 30th and Dolores
- Tree plantings under the guidance of Friends of the Urban Forest (FUF)
- Increased street cleaning on Church Street
- J-Church track replacement at 30th and Church to mitigate loud screeching
- Rescinding of preemptive J-Church switching to improve safety
- Success in retaining open spaces during development projects
- Oversight of the renovation of Upper Noe Recreation Center
- Promotion of the J-Church extension to Balboa Park
Ten Together – the Best Block Party in SF. Upper Noe Neighbors and Friends of the Noe Valley Rec Center were at City Hall on March 6 to accept the 2019 Neighborhood Empowerment Network Award for Extraordinary Neighborhood Block Party. This has become an annual event at the rec center.
Our committees are open to all members and need active participation. Please contact one of our committee leads at email@example.com for more information.
Communications: Chris Faust, Tony Harris
Membership: Erin Zielinski, Olga Milan-Howells
Upper Noe Merchants: David Emanuel, Chris Faust
Transportation: Bryan Klofas, Marianne Hampton, Ed Mason
Land Use: Any Levine, Olga Milan-Howells
Public Safety: Chris Faust
Events: Olga Milan-Howells, Chris Faust
Emergency Preparedness: Tony Harris, Michael Shpizner
Finance: Erin Zielinski, Olga Milan-Howells
Parks: Chris Faust, Friends of Upper Noe Recreation Center
This independent committee raises funds, supports park activities, hosts events and plans volunteer days at Upper Noe Recreation Center at 295 Day Street. To helps with park activities and affect decisions about programming and facilities, please join.