November 9, 2016
In lieu of the regular bi-monthly meeting, Upper Noe Neighbors hosted a Post-Election Social at the VIP Scrub Club on Church Street. The agenda was mainly an opportunity for the community to mix, mingle and learn about UNN. The committee informed the community about what activities we have been working on and shared our successes. We also wanted to welcome and highlight the VIP Scrub Club as a newer business on Church Street. We wish them long life and prosperity as they add to the streetscape of our small business district.
UNN helped VIP Scrub Club owners Lancy Woo and Sage Cotton transform the attractive dog wash and grooming store into a colorful nightclub, complete with live music and delicious food and drink. About 65 members and neighbors attended, some with their dogs who were very welcome.
Recent and current neighborhood projects (all committees):
* Reorganize UNN – ongoing development to focus more on local issues through committees.
* Initiated business outreach to improve our commercial district.
* UNN Wine Club – promote fellowship, outreach.
* Tech shuttle buses – stopped the proposed hub on Dolores at 29th.
* PG&E utility pole at 30th and Chenery – City Attorney forcing PG&E to replace dangerously leaning pole.
* Yellow stripes for the crosswalk at Church and Day St. – in process
* PG&E SCADA utility box on 30th near Chenery – got them to make a smaller, less conspicuous installation.
* Movie Night in the park – 450 parents and kids had a great time.
* Playground equipment repair at Upper Noe Recreation Center.
* Dog park gate – fundraising, design and installation.
* Upper Noe history – in process.
* 30th and Church track repair to reduce screeching – supposedly in process.
* Music concerts in the park – attempting to revive this.